Saturday, June 11, 2016

My Home Town, Sappro in Hokkaido, Japan


Photo: the red one is Hokkaido


I am from Sapporo in Hokkaido located north of Japan.

I want to introduce Hokkaido and sometime want to tell more local places.

Hope you enjoy!:)


Photo: red one is Sapporo area


Sapporo is a capital of Hokkaido.

The number of population is about 1.95 million.
 (updated on May 11, 2016 by official website of sapporo city)

It is famous for Sapporo beer, sea food, the beer festival, skiing, Yosakoi (the dance festival), or the Sappro snow festival, etc. 

Sapporo has many seasonal events.


Photo: the center of picture, Odori Park is looked from above


Most events are held in a typical park, called "Odori Park."

It extends from east to west, about 1.5 km at the center in Sapporo.


Photo: Sapporo TV tower at night


In the park, a landmark, Sappor TV tower is standing.


Photo: Susukino area in Sapporo at night


Susukino is also knows as a famous tour spot. 

Many local people also go there for entertainment.

In this area, about 3,600 shops, restaurants or bars are run 

and about 80,000 people work.

I also have worked there when I was in Japan.

I will introduce many recommended places in Susukino later.













4 comments:

  1. I love your blog! I'm going to Sapporo next month and after reading your blog I have many places I want to visit like Odori Park and the ramen ally. Thanks for sharing about Sapporo.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like this posting. I'm from Korea so Japan is really close country, so I want to travel Japan, but I haven't. I think after see your bolg I really really want to travel Japan

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like Hokkaido. I want to travel Hokkaido.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I go to Hokkaido for ski for every winter, but I did'n know Sapporo, so the pictures are interesting for me! I want to go there the other season like summer.

    ReplyDelete